There are two things you have to know:
- don’t do a simple upgrade. Rather uninstall previous version, clean GAC, Program Files and Common Files and do a fresh install. There seems to be an issue in previous installer. No big deal.
- The other issue is with designer. To be more precise, the designer of inherited forms. If you happen to get an exception at design time when opening a derived form don’t fear another Visual Inheritance drama. Just follow these steps (note: I am not sure which step is required and which is not (I guess removing and re-adding references is not) as I just did them all):
- delete license.licx file
- remove references to all devexpress assemblies and re-add them
- close IDE
- open IDE and rebuild the solution
- open the form again and you shouldn’t have any problems